Growing your digital presence as a beauty professional is important to keep a consistent clientele and social media marketing is definitely one of the best ways to do that. It's inevitable, clients will come and go. Sometimes some clients need to take a break or they just stop altogether, so it is important that you build an audience that is begging for your services.
What is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Pinterest, Twitter and others to increase your brand awareness, drive traffic to your website and ultimately increase the number of sales / clients. This is especially important in the beauty service industry as creating relationships and showcasing your work is essential in growing your clientele. Here are just a few of the awesome benefits of social media marketing:
- Cost Effective: Unless you're paying for paid advertising or a digital marketing agency, there is virtually no monetary cost to start posting on social media.
- Building Relationships and Increasing Engagement: Especially in the service-based industries, it is important to engage with your clientele and social media marketing makes it easier. You can run polls, ask questions, etc. This builds trust with your clientele and they are more likely to stay loyal to your services!
- Increased Clientele: Usually the more popular you become on social media, the more clients you will get. There are some service providers that have their books filled for months because of the amazing services they market on their social medias.
Setting Up Social Media Marketing
It's easy to get started on a social media platform! I suggest that you pick one social media platform and start pushing content as soon as possible. I highly recommend that you pick a visual-based platform such as Instagram or TikTok as your main purpose should be to showcase your services and what you can do for your clients.
"Secret" Tips For a Successful Social Media
While it is easy to start a social media page, that's also what makes it so hard to be successful. Since it is so easy, everyone is able to easily create a page and start posting. Here are some "secret" tips to grow your social media into a lead generating machine.
- Focus on quantity first, then quality. Your first posts are rarely ever good, but the only way to get better is to focus on doing more. You can worry about the quality later as you become more and more experienced in creating content.
- Quality: On that note, while it is important to push a lot of content in the beginning, make sure that you are still focusing on increasing the quality of your posts.
- Use Analytics. Most social media platforms offer free analytics so that you can view what is working and what isn't. If one of your posts lacks engagement, try to avoid posting similar content. If one of your posts are really popular, try to post similar content to that.
If you want more tips and more information like this, remember to sign up for our newsletter and follow our social media!